The firm was created by Edmond Fong in Hong Kong. It brings a full range of legal services to local and overseas businesses, as well as their managers. It prides itself in being approachable and efficient.
Fongs is the first truly local law firm to create a practice dedicated to international clients: small to medium companies, businesses and individuals planning to move or expand to Hong Kong and Asia Pacific.
Fongs International Practice has three main advantages:
- based in Hong Kong with ties in the main cities of the People’s Republic of China (incl. Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu, Guangzhou and Shenzhen) as well as France and the United Kingdom;
- a strong team of 30 lawyers and advisors; most of them with dual qualifications in Hong Kong and the United Kingdom or China (PRC);
- 2 experienced French lawyers managing the International Practice: Sarah-Jane Tasteyre as Business Development and Global Clients Manager and Maëva Slotine as Head of the International Practice.
Thanks to those advantages, FONGS overseas clients can enjoy clear and practical legal advice.
Services for businesses
The firm acts for companies and managers based in Hong Kong - French but not only - working in various sectors (food & beverage, medical devices, jewelry, cosmetics, engineering, fashion and B to B services).
The firm provides legal services in business law - commercial, contracts, corporate, tax, employment, private equity, M & A, IPO’s, banking and finance – as well as commercial litigation and labor disputes.
Services for individuals
The firm assists individuals in international situation, expatriates or multi nationality couples, in family and tax law.
Our intervention takes place prior to the marriage (choice of the jurisdiction for the prenuptial agreement) or the celebration of marriage itself.
The firm can also arrange for the nomination in advance of guardians for children below the age of 18 to anticipate the case of sudden death of both parents.
The firm has the resources to assist in the legal aspects of wealth planning strategy and implementation, as well as for trusts, wills and probate.
Finally the firm advises in divorce cases, for the choice of jurisdiction, to support your lawyer in France regarding issues of Hong Kong law issues or to support your solicitor in Hong Kong regarding issues of French law.
Our team’s valuable experience
It is an asset to our firm that most of the legal team members have not only studied Hong Kong law but also the law of another jurisdiction. Qualified and with a sound experience in Hong Kong, our lawyers have ties with China, France and the United-Kingdom.
We aim at building long term relationships with our clients. We are:
- ambitious: we want to be noticed for the efficiency of our approach and the quality of our services;
- approachable: we pay attention to your requests and have the flexibility to adapt our services;
- affordable: we seek solutions balancing costs and benefits, taking into account the stakes and we make sure that fees or billing methods are agreed beforehand with you;
- efficient: we ensure that the recommended legal solutions can be implemented.
Our clients are our main concern. We will set up an action plan and agree on fees before starting work. No invoicing will take place until such plan is in place.
Fongs offers fixed fee packages to address the various needs of SME’s (review or drafting of commercial agreements or employment agreements, legal advice or drafting letters of demand in prelitigation matters).